I haven't been able to find much regarding what to ask an ophthalmologist, so here's what I came up with based on Jesse's metopic and his specific issues with tracking.
If anyone can think of anything else, please let me know. I have the appointment this afternoon.
- Can you check for intracranial pressure?
- Can you check the optic nerve for any other issues?
- What are the risks of damage due to the metopic craniosynostosis?
- What are the risks to his eyes during and after surgery?
- Are his eyes aligned? Are they working together?
- Jesse seems to have hypotelorism and Iíve noticed looking at his photos that they appear to be moving closer together. Will surgery fix this?
- Jesseís pediatrician was concerned about his lack of tracking objects. Iíve seen him track objects without actively trying to get him to do it. It appears to me that it is more of an issue in getting his attention in order to get him to track an object. What are your thoughts on this?
- How often should he be seen before and after surgery?