I'm frustrated and just wanted to ask whether anyone else had this as well? We were supposed to have surgery last Monday, which got cancelled as Ollie had an infection. Then it was postponed until this Monday. However, we went into the hospital on Friday and his neutrophil count is still down so it's postponed at least another week... Has anyone else experienced this?
Of course I don't want Ollie to have the surgery if he's at all at risk of developing an infection. It's pretty stressful though as it feels like we get all psyched up ready for him to have the op and then at the last minute it's postponed. The NS and paediatrician are going to speak with a haematologist on Weds this week anyway to see if there is a real threat to Ollie if we were to move ahead with the op while his count is a bit reduced. Although his case isn't urgent the NS really wants to move forward as Ollie is 6 months old and they prefer to do the procedure between 3 and 6 months (although it's not endoscopic, so I know from all of you it can be done later).
(mum to Ollie - sagittal synostosis)