View Full Version : Support
08-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I am having a really rough time with all of this. My husband seems to think that I am doing th ewrong thing by seeking out an answer to what is going on with my son. :banghead . Kevin's pediatrician thinks that we need to get a secon opinion and so do many others, but I am not sure if I am doing the right thing or not.
When we got the diagnoses of cranio after 5 months in the helmet with no success I thought that I was getting somewhere, and now I feel like I am stuck again. What the first NS told me makes absolutely no sense to me after all I have read. And the ped also said that she did not understand his ideas because it was contrary to all she was taught in med school. But now I am afraid that I am going to travel another 620 miles to hear the same thing. I almost want to give up, but I still wants what is best for Kevin. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
If there is anyone who can offer any advice or support I would be grateful. I can be emailed directly at email@example.com and my phone is 605-641-3118.
08-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Here is a somewhat current pic of Kevin.
08-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I would love to talk. I hope you feel better. We all have our days. Just know you are not alone. I think we all have been told that we care crazy. Hang in there, it will all work out.
You will be in our prayers.
08-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Lots of hugs, hang in there and stay strong your Mommy, we usually know what the best decision is and if something is wrong. My husband was an absolute mess with the whole thing he was in comlete denial! But on that day he was absolutely perfect, stronger than me actually it's usually the opposite. I hope the second opinion goes better and you get a sensitive, understanding NS. Keeping you in my prayers.:pray
08-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Paula, I would definately go ahead with the second opinion. You really need to make sure he's fine. There are so many Drs out there who make the wrong decisions and by confirming what this one said at least you will feel better knowing two Drs feel the same and if they say Kevin needs surgery, at least you will have help for him. It's a very hard spot to be in. I know when I thought Holly had Cranio they thought I was crackers, the Pedi actually thought it was a tumour! Thank god for the support of this board and for my pushing ahead for them to check for the cranio while they checked for the tumour or Holly may not have been caught when she was. I think the second opinion will jsut help you easy the worry on your mind as to what to do with Kevin if anything needs to be done or not.
Good luck and I think it will all turn out right for you. Trust your Mommy instincts!!
08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Many :hugg's to you. This is so hard and having to travel so far doesn't really help much! Maybe a 2nd NS will say the same thing-- but then you'll know and not have a continous doubt in your mind. And if the NS does say surgery is needed- you'll also know......besides the travel, I think it's a win/win thing to get a 2nd opinion- you probably won't ever look back and think- gosh I looked out for my kid too much! Especially if your pedi thinks you should look into it more, I'd definantly check it out.
We're here for you!!!!! :hugg :hugg
08-27-2006, 12:17 AM
I loved talking with you. I hope you can get the answers you need. Just remember we are all here for you.
This web site is my saving grace. I feel like all you ladies are my best friends. It is so nice to be able to talk to people who don't think you are crazy.
We are here for you.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.4 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.